week 4

Passang Lhamo

In the Genesis  four it describes about Adam’s family. At first it confuse me what narrator is trying to say but after reading many times I found different character like Eve his wife, Cain, Abel and Seth which I believe they are Adams and Eve children. I was surprised when I found out that Abel was shepherd and Cain worked as farmer I mean if they are children from Adam, God first creation it is impossible to imagine they are working like this somehow I was very shocked to see the evil side of Cain  In verse eight ” Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him”. I found that  Cain was jealous because God didn’t accept his offer I believe narrator motif was to show the evil nature of human which is jealousy and anger. In Genesis 6 it  is related with Cain, Due to human are selfish and created violence God also became furious and  he destroy his creation. Genesis Verse 6-7″ And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.” however I wonder what  he saw in Noah.  I believe Noah also symbolise as good side of human nature. I also found that  Tower of Babel  in genesis eight represents the pride of mankind wanting to reach the heavens and be their own gods. It also represents the error of people which is there sin because of that  sin, God divided them by making them speak different languages.