week 14

Though out canto 10 to 12 I found that punishment is getting more harsh for person who are in hell. Dante is still in sixth hell. I don’t know why Dante wanted write this book but I think in his writing I found that indirectly he is critisizing his current political happening in Florence. He also mention Farinata a death politician where he meet continues discussing Florentine politics. He and Dante clearly represent opposing parties (though these parties are not named), yet they treat each other politely. From Farinata’s words and those of the nearby soul, Dante realizes that the shades in Hell can see future events but not present ones, this was very unique like how hell can see future. Many of them conversation are about Florence politic . I feel like Dante wanted some changes in his home town because in canto 12 line 1 to 3 talks how Florence  is corrupted.The Seventh Circle of Hell, which contains those who are violent, is subdivided into three smaller circles: they punish the sins of violence against one’s neighbor, against oneself, and against God. I love how every circle of hell base on person sin. I found the more Dante go deeper more the cruel punishment. Overall the book Dante was very unique because it gives reader alert that what you do in present has consequences in future. I feel like he is indirectly advising his reader that life is precious and we have to do good in order to successful in life or else you be in problems.(hell). Dante seems to be smart writer.