week 16

In sundiata I learn that  for seven years sundiata and his mom travel from asylum to asylum, sometimes  people shown great hospitality and occasionally being mistreated by their hosts.I felt sorry for these misleading act by the people.   But however I like Sundiata dedication because he  never give up and lose his hope instead he learns of new peoples and customs, while impressing most people he meets. He spends a particularly long time with Mousa  at Mema, who helps raise Sundiata and teaches him the ways of war so as to potentially groom the boy as his heir. I think this is part where main character is becoming hero. Sundiata also learns during his exile about the evil sorcerer king Sumoaro  who is slowly forcing the cities of Mali and beyond under his control through cruelty. When Niani falls to the sorcerer king, a search party is sent to Ghana to find Sundiata and ask him to claim his mantle as ruler. Though his choice to return to Mali and battle the sorcerer king upsets the Moussa Tounkara, but I think it is good move. This show loyalty towards other.  he is ultimately given his blessing and the first of his subservient armies. I also saw that Sundiata goes to many cities and lands that he visited during his period of exile, slowly building up his army. Finally, his armies come up against those of Soumaoro. Though Sundiata is successful in his battles, he cannot harm the sorcerer king because the latter has magical protections.  Overall I think he is real hero because of his royalty towards his loved ones.